Morning Show Blog: Sept. 7th
Good Morning!! Happy Friday. Happy Labour Day Rematch Day.
Six O'Clock Hour
- If I sound jealous of Fraser today, it's because I am. He flys to Vegas this afternoon. In addition to that we talked about the Eskies QB controversy and how it continues to grow. Joseph or Jyles? I know, most of you want to answer Nichols, but it sure doesn't look like he will get a chance anytime soon.
- Adam Burns from BODOG stopped by to previewing the betting weekend.
- NIELSON: PICK 3 - Lions -7.5, Pat -6.0, Broncos -2.0
- FRASER: PICK 3 - Bills +3.0, Colts +10.0, Texans -12.5
- Yes, Frase did picks against his Bears with the Colts at +10 which brings a couple of questions. Does Fraser think Jay Cutler sucks and what does it take for you to bet against your favourite team?
- Gerry Dobson from Sportsnet joined us to preview the Canada-Panama World Cup qualifier tonight. He pointed that Canada hasn't allowed a goal in four straight games, but the bad news is they have a problem finding the back of the net as well. That game is tonight on Sportsnet One and Sportsnet.ca, pre-game at 5:00 our time for all you soccer fans.
Seven O'Clock Hour
- TSN's Bob McKenzie joined us to talk a little bit about the informal CBA talks scheduled for today. He says to expect a new offer on the table by the middle of next week. He also talked about Subban, Benn and Kane and how they need to take advantage of the current CBA and cash in on the big Skinner, Eberle, Hall type of deal
- We broke down the ESPN List of the best franchises in all of sports for 2011....the Leafs ranked 3rd last in all of sports ahead of only the Bengals and the Redskins. The Leafs ranked last overall in Bang for the Buck and affordabity. Fraser thinks that ticket prices is not a good way to look at affordability. I completely disagree we may be coming back to that one.
-CONGRATS TO RAY LINDSAY, HE WON A SPOT IN THE MILLION DOLLAR LIVE DRIVE. Don't pick on him for having a girls name for a last name.
- Dave Rowe from CHQR in Calgary game on to preview the Stamps-Eskies game. He talked about how happy people are with Kevin Glenn at QB and how the only way Jyles can get his job back from Joseph is to stop sucking.
Eight O'Clock Hour
- John went for five for five on Kind of easy Trivia, brining Club Beat Loop to the people. He did so well people were texting in saying the Oilers should pick him up. Legal Guru Eric Macramalla stopped by to talk about "informal" CBA negotiations. He also told Frase that you aren't partying in Vegas unless you are getting pepper sprayed.
- Ryan Rishaug stopped by to preview the Eskies and Stamps. He will be working the sidelines during the game on TSN tonight. Best point he made was how the biggest problem for the Eskimos over the last couple of weeks has been poor communication. Apparently they've worked on it at practice this week, so hopefully a minor mistake won't cost them the game.
- Author Jonathan Gatehouse joined us to talk about his new book. The Instigator. It's about Gary Bettman. Could be a good read with the lockout looming. Check it out here
Nine O'Clock Hour
- We broke down a list from Lovefilm.com, it was the Top Ten Funniest Film of all-time.
2. The Hangover
3. The Naked Gun
7. American Pie
9. Shaun of the Dead
10. Monthy Python's Life of Brian
Personally I think this is a brutal list.
Here are my top ten funniest movies of all-time
1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Old School
4. Step Brothers
5. The Hangover
6. The Cable Guy
7. Ace Ventura
8. The Big Lebowski
9. 40-year-old Virgin
10. Wedding Crashers
Enjoy the weekend!!