Morning Show Blog: Sept. 6th
Six O'Clock Hour
- Eskies traded Greg Carr to the Riders yesterday for Matt O'Donnell, a 6-10 offensive lineman. It's never a bad idea to add more o-linemen however this guy tried out for the Celtics in 2011, if he would have made it would he have just given up football, that makes me question his commitment.
- Most intriguing NHL RFA situation? Fraser says Evander Kane, I went with Jamie Benn...honourable mention ofcourse to the PK Subban in Montreal, who will be on the show just after 8:00 today.
- We figured out why the Cowboys beat the Giants. Head Coach Jason Garrett must play Madden 13, he realized that if you simply run slant routes you are unstoppable.
Check this out...a STRIPPER POLE FOR HITCH
Seven O'Clock Hour
- Team 1260 Hockey Insider Darren Dreger joined us to talk about the on going lack of discussion between the league and the players. There are reports right now that the league has lost 240 million dollars over the last two seasons. Dreger said it's tough to imagine that they lost that much money through Pheonix and a few other teams that have trouble breaking even.We also talked about the NHL wanting to have full control of scheduling, realignment and playoff format. Dregs figured players should continue to have a say in realignment. I'm not sure I agree with that. You get paid millions of dollars to play hockey, who cares what division you are in and if you have to travel a few more hours each year.
- Listeners chimed in during the "Morning Skate" with their thoughts on the upcoming lockout. We heard from both sides of the discussion including one fan saying he will not miss the NHL because he doesn't like watching someone get paid 8 million dollars to play hockey.
- Football Insider Dave Naylor joined us to recap the Cowboys win over the Giants. He also told us about Matt O'Donnell and how the training facility the Eskimos have is a huge advantage in recruiting players.
Eight O'Clock Hour
- We kicked off the hour with PK Subban of the Montreal Canadiens and more importantly right now from the Hyundai Hockey Helpers. PK and his family are the face of a new initiative with KidSport Canada. Great interview, extremely well spoken young man. Yes, after the interview we were getting texts saying the Oilers needed to trade for PK Subban.
- Rishaug stopped by to crush the dreams of Wil Frase. Frase was excited about the Swedish Elite League allowing players to kick the puck in the net. Shaugger basically said it was stupid and dangerous, he then launched a text contest to find the best ridiculous rule that Frase would love.
- We had Mr. Duane Vinneau from the Eskies in, he brought Kylee from the cheer team, AKA Miss September, look her up, beauty. We also gave away Eskies tickets to a guy named Brennan, no word if he sounds like a mix of Fergie and Jesus.
Nine O'Clock Hour
- Oil Kings Head Coach Derek Laxdall joined us to talk about the addition of Sean Brown to his coaching staff and the remaining battles in Oil Kings camp.
- Here's the winner in the ridiculous rule that Wil Fraser would love contest. "Whenever me and my dudes play street hockey we have one rule: Stoned Goalies. That could make the nhl more exciting. -Tj"
- Congrats to Russ Allan who won a spot in the MILLION DOLLAR LIVE DRIVE CONTEST.