Morning Show Blog: Sept. 5th
Six O'Clock Hour
- Lots of topics right off the top of the show today. Fraser thinks Horcoff should give the C to one of the kids, his choice would be Hall. I don't think it makes sense to change the captaincy of the Oilers right now. I do love the move the Avs made though. Landeskog was 100 percent ready.
- Jamie Thomas came on the show and when he left we had bet 100 bucks that the Dolphins wouldn't win 7 games this year. Easy money for me. He pick the Patriots over the Eagles in the Super Bowl. So don't bet on the Patriots to win it all.
- Fraser is taking the Giants/Packers/Falcons and 49er's to win their division in the NFL and is picking the Bears and Lions to claim the wild cards. I went with the Giants/Packers/Saints/Niners with the Falcons and Lions in the WC spots.
- We also set up some of the front runners for What If Wednesdays. What if Ron Bergundy had milk on a cold day, would it have then been a good choice?" Not bad.
Seven O'Clock Hour
- Darren Pang returned to the show just after 7:00 today. He will be joining us on Wednesday morning's for the upcoming year. He liked the move in Colorado to name Landeskog Captain. He was surprised that the price tag on the Coyotes is as high as 170 million dollars. Panger also pointed out that the Canucks don't HAVE to move Luongo, he thinks Luongo and Schneider could co-exist for the entire season.
- We pointed out a couple of awesome pictures on our Facebook page today. Evander Kane punching Matt Cooke in the face and me (Nielson) on the first day of Grade 4 wearing an over the top Habs outfit. Including Habs tiger print sweat pants. In no way do I regret that.
- We previewed the Giants-Cowboys with Tom Canavan from the AP in New York. He said that the Cowboys secondary vs Cruz and Nicks could end up be the key to tonight's game.
- BODOG LINE OF THE DAY: Giants -4 over the Cowboys.
Eight O'Clock Hour
- We laid out our AFC Division Winners...both of us picked the Pats, Ravens, Texans, Bronco's.....Frase took the Bills and Bengals as wild card teams. I picked the Chargers and Bengals to get the wild card entries. It had nothing to do with needing a big year from Phillip Rivers in one of my fantasy leagues
- Ryan Rishaug stopped by for his daily visit. He thinks the Avalanche moved to early by naming Landeskog captain. He didn't say it would back fire but he just questioned why they would do it now? He also agreed with me in saying that it's too soon to put the C on one of the kids here in Edmonton, because a true captain hasn't emerged.
- Our new friend from Comcast Sportsnet in Baltimore Rich Dubroff joined us. He talked about how important Manager Buck Showalter has been to the Orioles success, in my mind he's a no-brainer lock for manager of the year. Here's an interesting note though, the Orioles have allowed 19 more runs than they've scored and as of today
- Side note: Check out the Sunshine Girl today, she's good looking, for once, and apparently she's an anchor on the Naked News
Nine O'Clock Hour
- We laid out our SuperBowl picks in the 4th hour of the show today.
- Fraser picked the Packers over the Patriots.
- I picked the Manning led Broncos over the Falcons
- Rob Pepper from Virgin Radio popped in-studio and took the Patriots over the Falcons
- Congrats to Steve Hansen, he was our first Winner in the Million Dollar Live Drive. He will have a shot at ONE Million Dollars at The Ranch on October 10th
- Congrats to Marco Fontes for qualifying for the Million Dollar Live Drive, so you're saying there's a chance.
- And last but certainly not least, two thumbs up to Justin today for giving us the best What If Movie Scenario "What if Harry didn't totally redeem himself?" took advantage of our soft spot for Dumb and Dumber What Ifs
Thanks for listening/reading
Take it easy,